Sunday, September 28, 2008

Settling in

We had a nice few days together since last post, got some new pictures to share. Emma is really settling in and we are beginning to take some quick little outings but after the outing we had today I am ready to stay home for awhile!



So before my story let me explain the pics above. Jonah and I took Lily to a fishing day at a park so Emma and Lily were playing with toy fishing poles before we went. Lily caught a fish (pic is on Jonah's camera so I will see if there are any good ones and post later). Emma really enjoys playing with hair bands and putting them on as bracelets. Since Emma likes water so much we saw a little tikes water/sand toy for half price so we had to pick it up for her. She decided she would rather sit in it than stand beside it. Works for us for now. We took an outing to Grandma/Grandpa's house and she did really well, notice the sunglasses and sitting down crossing her legs? Very cute. She did pretty good... found a picture of herself that Grandma had on her table, that was interesting. She stared at it for a little while, Grandma made her a juice. She made a scrunchy face when she tried it (we usually water it down, she is not used to straight up juice I guess). Everything is fine so far right? Okay, that brings us to this morning.

So, we have breakfast... rice and eggs with the mandatory watermelon. Emma has quite a bit of watermelon, and I think before we take a little outing she went potty but it is a blur now. We go to Home Depot (see picture of girls in the big cart) and all is going swimmingly. They use the little steering wheel to direct the cart and daddy swerves it all over the store to giggles from the girls. We check out plants, a lovely little plastic pond that would be great in the backyard for lots of water. We look at bathtubs for holding water, specifically I was looking for one of those bathtub mats to make sure you don't slip and fall in tub but we have one of those big tubs and the only ones we can find are for the standard rectangular tub. I digress... back to the story, Lily enjoys looking at all the cool new sinks they have and we continue to talk about water. It is around this time that Emma tells Daddy "neow neow" which means I need to go potty daddy. I tell her "no Emma we have to go home". I am so stupid.

So, next door is Target and all seems okay, Emma is doing fine and I think we can just stop by there real quick to look for this bathtub mat. Yeah yeah, all you mothers are just sitting there with that little smirk on your face because men are so stupid.

We have a lovely time in Target, no bathtub mat that will fit our tub, (I have forgotten about neow neow) and Lily asks to go to toys. Emma and Lily both enjoy toys for awhile and then I think Emma tells me again... neow neow? Oh, yes honey... lets go neow neow. I am telling Lily we have to rush home, she tells me "no daddy, Target has a family bathroom, we can all fit in there" brilliant idea, thanks Lily. We rush up to the front and Lily shows dad where the bathroom is. It's locked, we knock, no noise and it looks like light is off. I quickly search for target employee, ask him if he can open the door. "That lock is bad and it is broken, you can use the employee bathroom by the pharmacy". Um, Emma is getting a little anxious and I can tell. I am jogging now with Lily (I have abandoned cart, it is only slowing me down) We make it to the employee bathroom, it is locked. OHHHH I knock... hear some noise, after an excruciating 30 seconds the door opens and Emma is really beginning to shake and want to go in. Neow neow and I am trying to use all the Chinese I know... hada hada (we think that means, it's okay) and dui boo chi which is sorry or excuse me... yeah feeble. So, we get in, I clean and line the toilet and I reach down to ---- yeah, there she goes, all over the floor. All over the floor, all over the floor. So, Lily says "can we go back to toys now? She does not have to go anymore" um, "no" so off we go out to the car. I take off her wet bottoms and line car seat with paper towels. Emma and Lily take another bath and I am pretty much done taking the girls out alone. Melissa is standing over me laughing as I write that.

I think we will try to keep this blog up to date as best we can with stuff like this that you may not really enjoy reading that much but Lily consistently goes to the old website that detailed her homecoming and it basically is like a diary with lots of pictures that she really loves looking at. Lily and Emma have been sitting at the computer looking at pictures from the past when the boys were younger and showing Emma all sorts of family history stuff. So, I am going to try and document things as best I can and am encouraging Melissa to begin posting as well so her perspective is captured.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Andy and Amy said...

Sean...that is absolutely hilarious!!! I just showed Aamy and we were both rolling reading this. Yah I'm just like you, I'd hit the extra stops on the way home and forget the "neow, neow". Glad to hear you all are doing well. We are doing well...just doing the getting adjusted thing like you guys. Tell Jonah high for me. Still fondly remember our Cubans...more later and when I get my act together I'll get some pictures posted for downloads.

Best,

Andy

Donna said...

You poor man, lol. Never underestimate how long a child can or can't hold her water!! Snickering right along with you, Melissa!

Heather said...

I love it! What a great family outing you had Sean;) I am proud of you for taking the girls out but that's what you get for forgetting that she HAD TO GO! Welcome to life with a toddler again:) ROFL!!!